Thursday, May 16, 2013

The Last Lecture


May 13, 2013

Today we had our last lecture, well our last visit to the university, at least.  We left the hotel and took the public bus one last time to the university in Valparaiso.  There we presented our company presentations to the professor at the university.  These presentations had been completed and presented once before our departure.  The presentations were each about 10 minutes long and each one was on a different one of the 5 companies that we are visiting during these 2 weeks: LAN, Viña Indomíta, Hela, Centauros, and Bosques del Mauco.

We had all seen these presentations before, and few of them had changed much.  Because we had already visited Viña and LAN, those 2 presentations had incorporated some of the things we had learned while there, as well as some of the pictures that individual students had taken. 

Luckily, we did not have to eat the cafeteria food today, but unfortunately, that meant we had to go to the mall and eat at the food court.  The food courts in Chile are no more appetizing than the food courts in the US, and they have many of the same restaurants.  Our options included McDonalds, Burger King, KFC, Subway, and a hot dog place.  Intimidated by trying to remember the names of ingredients in Spanish for Subway, or figuring out how to ask for a hotdog without guacamole (I don’t know why, but every hot dog has guacamole, which is not a good thing for those of us who don’t like avocado) I ended up at KFC.

After that appealing lunch, we went to a nearby turf field to play soccer with some of the Chilean students.  I did not play, due to a hurt back, but I enjoyed sitting and watching on the bleachers with Brice.  I did manage to stretch out my back later in the evening, with some help from Hannah.  I'm really sad that I did not get to take pictures today, but I did get some on other cameras that I may eventually get to have a copy of.

No comments:

Post a Comment