Sunday, May 19, 2013

Goodbye

May 17, 2013


Today, I got up in time to visit the artisan shops on the beach before we left.  I had a bunch of extra money, and needed to burn the last of it.  Hannah, Alex, and I went to the beach early, but soon realized that most of the artists didn’t open till later in the day.  We walked around the stalls that were open, then got lunch.  We then returned to the beach and found plenty of crafts to spend the last of our pesos on.  Before we did, I managed to snap a picture of all of the different kinds of money we had in Chile.  There is also a 1 peso coin and a 20,000 peso bill, but I didn’t get any of those.  The 5 peso coin is so rare, in fact, that I actually borrowed it from Dave, who was the only one to get one all trip.


I bought a ton of new souvenirs, and spent all of the money I had left, and then the three of us returned to the hotel, in just enough time to finish packing.  A few of our Chilean friends turned up to say goodbye.  I think that at this point the fact that we were leaving really hit home for a couple of people, I’m surprised no one cried.

The bus ride to the airport wasn’t too long, and after we got through customs and security, we only had about an hour or so to wait to board.  I got dinner with Brendan and spent the last Chilean Pesos of the trip.  When the plane arrived and we all boarded, I looked across the aisle and out the window, and said my last goodbyes to Chile.  I do hope to come back someday, I had a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment